Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Men and Women's Downhill Skiing

Monday-5:00 AM- Dark Cold Morning

Boarded the bus to Whistler. My first trip EVER to Whistler! It was a long ride but definitely worth it. The Olympic park was amazing. It was huge!

Technically, I am suppose to be the interviewer. But I became the interviewee When Steve, the official correspondent for the Whistler event approached me and started talking to me on camera.

I have to say, I was quite nervous. He asked who I was rooting for. Obviously Canada. Instead of actually answering, I just gave a nervous life and said I was rooting for the person in 1st. He laughed too.

I realized how stupid I sounded after wards though.

There were some really RANDOM countries too (IE. Brazil, Greece). Poor guys. Greece came in last for Women's downhill skiing.

My somewhat psycho Greek dad will be disappointed to hear this.

But I mean, where would a country like Greece even TRAIN for Downhill skiing? How often do they even get snow there? If any at all.

That's what I want to find out before the Olympic Games are over. How do tropical countries participate in these Winter games. Maybe they build their own artificial mountains made out of cookie dough. Mm. Yum. that'd be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment